09 November 2009

My name is Bones Bennet, and I'm a Muggle.

I would like to introduce myself. We'll start the way of "The Jerk"

I was born a poor Dutch boy. I came to the US in 1989 at the age of 8. I grew up watching MASH and being disappointed that no-one in America seemed to speak like John Wayne. I grew up being a fairly regular guy. Hit puberty, got angry, joined a Punk band, got over it and went to college. You could say that I'm in the Punk Rock retirement program. I joined a Rockabilly band, traded my mowhawk for a pompadour, grabbed a martini and got on with my life. Had my fair share of more or less psychotic relationships. It wasn't until I went to school to become a veterinarian that my life changed.

That, in itself is a fairly life changing experience. However, in my final year I had been in a long term, long distance relationship that found out that we couldn't stand each other when we finally moved in with each other... surprise, surprise.

I had befriended my Equine Ambulatory Professor, a free spirited gal we will call Kushka. She counseled me in the end of my particularly bad relationship and we became good friends. The flirting started and I waited until 5pm on the friday of the end of my rotation to take her out on a date.

We had talked about all sorts of life experiences (she is a bit older than I) and she discussed her pagan beliefs and experiences as such. It is important to note that we have far more in common.

I am a guy who holds religion in the words of Chris Moore: I feel the same about religion as I feel about people who are into Golf or Heroin: They think its great and are really into it, but I'm just not that worried about it. I love Kushka very much, our relationship blossomed and we were married in a handfasting ceremony at a Pagan festival. Having said this, it was a bit much to swallow at first coming from a guy who felt that, if it couldn't be cured by 2 aspirin and a couple of cold beers, it wasn't worth worrying about or I'm gonna die anyway. She moved up to my job with me and found work as well and we found a lovely house in the country.

I was immersed in a world of alternative diets, herbal medicine mixed in with a dose of extrapolated veterinary medicine, Yoga (which is great for a hangover, by the way), Goddess worship, being in touch with my feelings (ack!), incense, and a newfound affinity for cloaks.

Im interested in living simply, Im interested in being a basically good guy, I like music, beer and food. Being married to a witch throws some wrenches as well as some grease into the ol' clockwork. More issues to come. Please post your experiences and thoughts.

Cheers,

Bones..

No comments:

Post a Comment